Outside Counsel Designed by In-House Counsel
Contract review and negotiation – from the routine to the complex – is our specialty. Many firms that specialize in other areas (litigation, securities work, M&A or labor law) can also do commercial and technology contract review. In this space in particular, however, we often find that clients are frustrated by the traditional law firm structure and billing model that dominates the legal industry.
Many of our clients turn to us because they are concerned about:
- more time than is necessary spent negotiating contracts that don’t justify the legal spend, and not enough focus spent on improving process and efficiency;
- too junior or inexperienced counsel who focus on the wrong issues and are not familiar with evolving best practices and market terms;
- outsourcing firms that provide inconsistent work product and still require considerable management and oversight;
- lack of transparency, meaningful metrics and knowledge sharing with in-house partners;
- in-house talent mired in contract negotiation instead of focusing on issues key to the business.
Clients want and need their outside counsel to act like in-house counsel – focused on managing risk and moving agreements along to completion with appropriate speed and quality. That is how we work.
Quadrant’s Outside General Counsel (“OGC”) group serves companies that do not have an in-house General Counsel, but are growing companies that need to address their legal issues in a more comprehensive manner. We develop a deep understanding of our clients and participate as trusted business legal and business advisors. By using fixed fee arrangements that align our interests with your success, Quadrant professionals add value and reduce risk for our clients. We specialize in becoming experts in your company.