At Quadrant Law Group LLP (“Quadrant”), protecting your privacy and your confidential information is extremely important to us and we take our role in protecting you and your information very seriously. This policy describes how we collect, use, disclose and safeguard information that personally identifies you (“PII”) and information you consider confidential (“Confidential Information” and together with PII, the “Information”). This includes Information we receive personally from you, and information we collect from our website, mobile devices, via email or social media, or any other method. This Policy is intended to comply with both the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) and the European UnionGeneral Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
Categories of Information We Collect
1. Personally Identifiable Information – This information includes your name, address, email address, telephone numbers and any other contact information. We use this information only to communicate with you, grant you permissions in our systems so that you can interact with us, and to provide services to you. We will not disclose this information to any third party except to our Infrastructure Vendors as described below.
2. Financial Information – This information includes any bank account, credit card information, billing addresses and payment history information. We use this information only to maintain your account with us and to process financial transactions at your request. We will disclose this information only to financial services companies we interact with such as our bank, payment processors, or to others as you specifically instruct or request.
3. Case or Matter Related Information – This information includes the identity of counter parties, employees, customers, vendors, shareholders, partners, officers, directors, or others you do business with, the terms of transactions or agreements you enter into or consider entering into, and any other information related to the legal matters we work on with you. We will use this information only to provide services to you. We will disclose it only to third parties with your knowledge and consent.
4. Referrals – This information includes the names and contact information of third parties who you believe may benefit from our services and who you recommend that we contact. When we contact your referral, we will disclose the fact that you are the source of our referral to the person referred, and disclose the general nature of the services we provide for you (contract negotiation, general legal services, litigation, etc.) unless you instruct us otherwise. We will not otherwise disclose the identity of your referrals to any third party.
5. Online Data Usage – This information includes your browsing history on our website, use of our mobile access methods, access to our document management systems, login information, cookies, IP addresses, operating system and browser information. We will collect this information from you only as necessary to ensure the proper functioning of our website and other online tools and will use the information only to further our relationship with you and to improve and enhance your online experience with us. We will not disclose your information to any third party except those who assist us in providing services to you.
With respect to all of the categories of information listed above, we will disclose this information to third party vendors who provide services to us such as our internet services providers, cloud data hosting companies, software developers, email hosting companies and IT service providers. In all such cases, the services providers will have agreed to keep your information confidential and to use it only to provide the service we have agreed upon with the vendor.
California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you have certain rights under the CCPA, including the right to access personal information we have collected about you, the right to receive it in a readily-usable format, and the right to request deletion. We have provided information about the categories of information we collect above, and we will never discriminate against you as a result of the exercise of those rights. We do not disclose any PII to third parties for direct marketing purposes. You may request confirmation from us that we have not done so once per year. You may also request that we delete any PII we have collected about you and we will promptly comply, except to the extent retention is required by applicable law. For any such requests contact email@example.com. We may require you to authenticate yourself to us before agreeing to remove your PII from our systems.
Quadrant is the data controller in relation to any PII we process about you and we are responsible for ensuring that processing of your PII complies with applicable law, including the GDPR. If you are accessing our website or other services from locations within the European Union you may have other rights. Contact us for more information.
We have implemented technical and procedural security measures in an effort to safeguard the Information in our custody and control. Such measures include limiting access to Information only to those who need to know the information for the purposes described above. We endeavor to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information, but cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose online. Please note that email is not a secure medium and should not be used to send confidential or sensitive information and we provide alternate methods for uploading information which we encourage you to use. By providing information online, you accept the inherent security risks of providing information over the Internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security, unless it is due to our negligence or willful default.
Please note that nothing on this website is intended to constitute legal advice and any reference to past work we have done is no indication of future performance. This website may be considered attorney advertising in some jurisdictions but should not be considered an invitation to enter into an attorney-client relationship. Do not provide us with confidential information until we have discussed your potential engagement, confirmed that we do not have a conflict regarding your potential engagement, and have agreed to consider forming an attorney-client relationship with you.